24 October 2009

Oh Rivulets, Oh Juniper, Oh Dipping Sparrows...

I awoke to a mild, grey morning, with everything all silvered from last night's rains. Seeing as Bronxville is smack dab in the middle of a season's change, I thought I'd take advantage of the cool, wet light this day had to offer me. Here are some of the results of a walk about campus, under the cover of my umbrella, as it began to sprinkle--













And then, the rain began...

I may take advantage of the rainy campus to gather some natural materials for some sort of craft project. My world is swimming with acorns, berries, leaves, and chestnuts presently! In fact, my literature professor gifted each of us with freshly gathered chestnuts yesterday--it's said that they have a bit of magic in them. I plan to drill a hole in mine and string it on a cotton ribbon woven with twine. We'll see how it turns out...

For now, I leave the warmth and comfort of my dorm for another foray into the wet weather. Dear reader, wherever you might be, enjoy your own autumn, and begin your gathering-up for winter-time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's true fall, mine is cold and green, it just doesn't fit my description of autumn. I'll live through the few pictures you have posted,

love and prayers,
mer

juli anna said...

How I wish I could send you true autumn in an envelope! Love to you too, Meredith, in your cold seaside town...